In 2023, AI is no longer a plot of a fantasy movie but an integral part of any successful business. Modern companies use different kinds of AI platforms for automation and performing various tasks that, until recently, were done only by employees.
For instance, according to Forbes Advisor, around 73% of business owners plan to use or currently use AI messaging platforms for assistance in correspondence with their clients. That said, the use of AI already causes many significant controversies, even among modern entrepreneurs.
Nevertheless, the use of machines will only increase in the future. That’s why, in this article, we will define the concept of an AI platform and analyze its influence on the world’s development.
The Definition of AI Platform: What Is It?
According to the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, AI represents the most revolutionary technology we will encounter in our lives. But what does the AI platform represent? The AI platform is a special kind of complex software framework that uses different technologies to model human thinking. As a result, it can be applied to various fields like cybersecurity, app development, and even content creation.
One of the most popular AI platforms that has recently gained a lot of attention is ChatGPT. Interestingly, it only took two months for ChatGPT to reach a tremendous number of 100 million active users. It’s only the beginning since analysts predict significant revenue and user growth. However, to understand the essence of the AI platform, let’s take a closer look at the components of any AI application.
Also read: How to Build AI Powers Modern Product Lifecycle Management
What Are the Essential Components of AI Platforms?
For an average person, it’s still hard to imagine what AI looks like. Many will try to imagine robotic creatures or evil computers that try to conquer the world. But, in real life, it’s much more straightforward since AI won’t conquer humanity and is completely dependent on its creator.
A neural network lies at the core of every AI platform. This complex coding architecture was created to mimic the very same processes that occur in the human brain during the process of thinking or problem-solving. Basically, neural networks can find the best possible solution for any problem without changing any of the given data. The structure of the network is pretty simple and contains an input layer, a few hidden layers, and an output layer, which creates the “thinking” of the machine.
This is another important branch of AI that represents the learning of algorithms and codes aiming to improve the accuracy of any AI model. None of the AI platforms can function without machine learning (ML) since it’s one of the core parts of the machine “thinking” process. However, unlike deep learning, ML sometimes requires human intervention to solve issues.
You can imagine deep learning as the next layer of ML. It uses neural networks to come up with solutions for problems without any human intervention. In fact, deep learning is part of ML since this model uses all the algorithms that have been programmed into the AI during the previous process.
Also read: Top 10 Open Source Deep Learning Tools in 2023
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using AI Platforms in Business
Undoubtedly, AI has become a crucial element for most modern companies. However, like any new implementation, it has its supporters and opponents. So what are the positive and negative effects that might follow after implementing AI into your business model?
Let’s take a look at some positive consequences you can expect after using AI in your business:
- Full automation: The first and most evident consequence of AI use is improving the quality of automation processes. The program will deal with long and tedious procedures from now on, positively affecting productivity.
- Next level in analytics: Analysis is something that machines are great at. Unlike humans, the AI platform uses only dry calculations and zero prejudgments, which is essential for business.
- Significant boost in cyber security: If your business lacks security, engaging AI in those processes is the best move. As a result, you will receive substantial protection from most cyber security crimes or cyber-attacks.
Unfortunately, in the current state of its development, AI is not the key to everything since it also has some negative characteristics, like the ones presented below.
- Lack of creativity: It is probably the main current limitation of any AI platform. Of course, the machine can create something unique but only using previous data samples. That makes the problem of creativity currently unsolved.
- Insufficient level of accuracy. The truth is, inaccuracies may occur even on the most flawless platforms. And you should prepare for the fact that it will be quite a while until the AI can fully function without any human intervention.
The AI platform is the next revolutionary step in the development of humankind. Despite the novelty of AI implementation in day-to-day life, it already has a considerable amount of profit and optimistic predictions for the near future. As a result, the current world market will change significantly, and the influence of AI can be much greater than expected.